Father’s Day Message
Shocking statistics of African men:¹
- Youth have a 50% higher probability of dying before age of 20 than other ethnicities.
- The major cause of death of youth are homicide, drug abuse, suicide, and accidents.
- 30% of all youth drop out of school before the 9th grade.
- They represent 42 % of all homicide victims and most are perpetrators.
- Only 33% go to college after graduation from high school.
- Gender issues – what kind of role models do they emulate? ANSWER: pimps, hustlers, players, gang bangers, and petty criminals – as opposed to teachers, politicians, and preachers.